Business Specialist (flydubai program) - IDC (HYD)
- 16000689 Requisition #
- Fri 09 Sep 05:00 Post Date
Primary focus of this role would be to drive initiatives in understanding the business needs and go the extra mile to think on behalf of the customer to provide potential IT solutions to the business.
The individual will be the liaison between the business and the IT development team working along with the senior manager and manager to understand the business requirements and deliver products to the stakeholders.
1. Compile requirements working with the business owners and drive the initiatives through SDLC to build strategic and tactical IT solutions.
Accountable to resolves unique or complex system operational issues, achieve this in coordination with cross-functional peers and system partner.
Propose IT solutions to the business through interactive requirements gathering session and screen mockups that would empower the business in their day to day operations and decision making process.
2. Initiate, develop and manage efficient MIS reporting and interpretation to aid the timely and accurate KPI’s, KPM’s and ROI’s, periodic and adhoc reporting, analysis and interpretation of the different strategic priorities for the programme.
3. Compose the requirements document by defining use cases that would bring clarity to the requirements specified by the business and present the same in a format that can be shared with stakeholders. Understand the business requirements and be organized/methodical to articulate the requirements using modeling tools to the development team which would ensure the requirements are complete and unambiguous.
4. Review, propose enhancement and translate business requirements and functional process for new services into technical designs and develop applications which will be integrated with the current programme system. Also accountable for testing changes across multiple touch points to ensure deliverables are high quality and meets internal user expectations before complete implementation.
5. Initiate and assist in programme system strategy in developing and updating programme technology road map with system partner And also for new internal system development which include initiating and integration testing activities for highly duplicate or complex in house programme system development.
6. Manage the project implementation using agile methodology and work as the scrum master for the daily scrum meetings to deliver feature based applications to the commercial organization. Collaborate with Senior Manager IT Business Alignment in finalising the following using appropriate tools
a. Project budgets
b. Prioritize IT initiatives
7. Understanding of building segmentation, predictive and other statistical models to work effectively with our inhouse data scientists. The individual needs to have the skill to convert data to information, information to actionable insights and insights to stories for the end user to consume. Ability to document insights in the form of presentations in a key skill.
8. In collaboration with programme system partner to;
• Lead and manage for the programme in house Single Customer View (SCV) data from internal and external partners.
• Test and modify systems and in house applications to ensure that they operate reliably.
• Provide in coordination with system partner secure access to the system and for the in house applications for users including remote users.
• Offer users training, appropriate support, advice and feedback for smooth operations.
• Constantly evaluate the functionality of system and in house applications and related devices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Graduate in Computer Sciences or Bachelors in Information Technology.
• Masters level degree in Business/Finance/Management preferred
• Minimum 7 years’ experience as an IT Business Analyst in an airline.
• Minimum 2 years' of project management experience.
• Minimum 4 years' as Senior Business Analyst in an airline working with senior management handling cross functional projects.
• Ability to execute projects based on Agile Methodology.
• Experience in conflict resolution across multiple stakeholders involving senior management to achieve the objective.
• Working experience with leading tools for Business Analysis for end-to-end documentation covering software development from requirements gathering, through to the analysis stages, design models, testing and maintenance.
Knowledge / Skills
• Highly motivated and self-driven.
• Ability to build client relationships and comfortably interact with senior level management.
• Good understanding of business process re-engineering.
• Good understanding of Return of Investment (ROI) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and how they are defined.
• The candidate needs to have the perfect balance of competencies in numerical skills, business understanding, technology awareness and ability to influence stakeholders.
• Customer focus.
• Team work.
• Effective communication.
• Personal accountability and commitment to achieve.
• Resilience and flexibility (Can do attitude).
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to. flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details in order to process documents. flydubai will also never
refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai
will only come from an email address ending in @flydubai.com and job opportunities with
flydubai are advertised on flydubai’s websites.
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at email@example.com and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.