e-Commerce Front-end Development Officer (IDC)
- 16000700 Requisition #
- Fri 09 Sep 05:00 Post Date
This role reports to the e-commerce Front-end Development Officer, and works hand-in-hand with the User Experience Officer in developing and implementing elegant front-end solutions for improved conversion rates and usability, thus driving flydubai’s online sales growth through breakthrough and incremental improvements to the web and mobile experiences.
The resource will contribute to web projects for the consumer, travel agent and mobile websites and will closely work with our IT team to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging front-end technologies
1. As a Front-end developer, you will be a key member of the e-Commerce Team, focusing on the creation of web user interfaces for new and existing features within our products.
2. Make use of wireframes/mock-ups to create fully functional web pages/micro-sites adhering to best practices and industry coding standards
3. Collaborate with business analysts and UX resources to implement UI solutions inspired and supported by wireframes, visual designs, or other UX artefacts.
4. Ensure that web sites are built to assure accessibility and compliance with common Web standards (W3C), as well as the standards and expectations defined by technical teams
5. Develop web application front-end in accordance with designs specs and information architecture which integrate with various server-side components and back-end systems
6. Participate throughout a project's quality assurance cycle to ensure that the final product meets the expectations of the original project requirements, including cross browser and platform testing.
7. Incorporate best practice coding for search engine optimization
8. Monitor and analyse application performance issues
9. Spearhead the implementation of 3rd party API integrations from start to finish & perform appropriate testing
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• A university degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field is required.
• Minimum 4 years of web development experience
• Experience developing end-to-end test cases/execution.
• Experience with CSS3 and HTML5
• Mobile development experience (Android, iOS, Windows Phone) with Hybrid Tools and UI framework/toolsets highly desired.
Knowledge / Skills
• An understanding of modern web standards and the design implications of CSS-based layout are also required
• Strong experience solving cross-browser/cross-platform UI compatibility issues and page behaviors
• Strong understanding of software development life cycle.
Certificate / License required
• Microsoft developer certifications desired.
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to. flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details in order to process documents. flydubai will also never
refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai
will only come from an email address ending in @flydubai.com and job opportunities with
flydubai are advertised on flydubai’s websites.
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at email@example.com and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.