e-Commerce Interaction Design Officer (IDC)
- 16000697 Requisition #
- Fri 09 Sep 05:00 Post Date
This role reports to the e-commerce User Experience Specialist, and works hand-in-hand with the Web Application Developers and Visual Designers in developing and implementing elegant front-end solutions for improved usability and conversions, thus driving flydubai’s online sales growth through breakthrough and incremental improvements to the web and mobile experiences.
The resource will be responsible for managing, planning and delivering a best-in-class web site experience on the flydubai web site through enhancements and use of the latest technology to meet business goals, engage our customers and drive sales via ecommerce and other channels.
1. Liaise within the e-Commerce team on experience improvements to achieve the e-commerce sales targets and a timely release of quality, highly reliable and usable products.
2. Develop low fidelity mock-ups and prototypes to help convey and flush-out user experience ideas and alternatives
3. Create documentation outlining recommendations to improve usability including user interaction flow diagrams, wireframes and reports to help others understand the intended approach.
4. Evaluate new and existing online content and applications, recommending improvements to enhance user experience.
5. Work with Senior Web Application Developer to understand the business logic on the server side and discuss what information needs to be communicated between server and GUI.
6. Gather, analyse and translate business requirements from the e-Commerce Business Analyst into sound technical designs while managing multiple tasks to strict deadlines
7. Ensure that web sites are built to assure accessibility and compliance with common Web standards (W3C), as well as the standards and expectations
8. Stay up to date on all leading web & mobile development technologies and work with existing teams to keep them educated and ahead of the curve on these latest technologies with the goal of applying these technologies to current and future projects
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• A degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Interaction Design, Human Factors or similar field is required.
• Minimum 3 years of UX experience and be able to show a portfolio of mockups, user journeys and wireframes that includes designing commercial productivity applications for the web, desktop and mobile preferably in high-visitor ecommerce or online travel websites.
• Significant experience in the role of User Experience, Interaction Design or Information Architecture
• Must possess strong user experience background and a full understanding of UCD process, design principles & information architecture.
• A passion for UX and the digital world, with a good awareness of current trends and emerging technologies.
Knowledge / Skills
• Proficient in Axure, Adobe Creative Suite and similar design and prototyping tools (Omnigraffle, Sketch or Balsamiq) for rapid, iterative prototyping.
• Practical experience with mobile / multiple form-factor development and responsive design concepts complemented by SEO and Social Media Integration best practices.
• Some level of programming knowledge would be advantageous
• Knowledge of Domain Driven Design, Software & Usability Design Patterns
Certificate / License required
• HCI/UX certifications desired.
• Attention to Detail and Quality
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to. flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details in order to process documents. flydubai will also never
refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai
will only come from an email address ending in @flydubai.com and job opportunities with
flydubai are advertised on flydubai’s websites.
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at email@example.com and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.