e-Commerce Quality Officer (IDC)
- 16000699 Requisition #
- Fri 09 Sep 05:00 Post Date
Responsible for creating test scripts, managing the bug process for individual projects, communicating with developers about code defects and user acceptance testing activities. This position will also help review and provide Quality Assurance review for non-technical (design) assets for our projects.
1. Test front-end user interaction and web experience for flydubai.com web and mobile pages to verify that interaction has been developed as per the defined user requirements.
2. Work with and manage our issue tracking system and reporting for bug review status meetings.
3. Participate in review of standards, procedures, tools, and process.
4. Participate in hands-on testing for new releases in QA, UAT and Live environments as needed.
5. Partner with other people on the e-Commerce, Commercial and IT teams to create a common approach to testing.
6. Highlight opportunities for automated testing; provide ideas, recommendations and proposed solutions for increasing efficiency of testing work.
7. Work closely with Business analysts to understand the function of the web pages and designs.
8. Create test plans and scripts across a wide variety of e-Commerce projects – ensure this is documented clearly and correctly.
9. Produce the required test results and quality assurance reports for review and tracking.
10. Test navigation structure and logic where necessary for website functionality across relevant browsers and devices.
11. Monitor and report on progress of action item resolution and ensure appropriate stakeholders are aware of pending deadlines and possible risk areas.
12. Move smoothly and quickly between projects with diverse parameters and objectives.
13. Work with project managers, web developers and other project working group members to develop robust test plans and procedures.
14. Monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance, measuring against set standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• A University Degree in technology (BS in Computer Science or similar fields is highly desired)
• 3+ years of web development or testing experience
• Experience in e-commerce projects in a functional solution design or analysis role preferred
• Experience working closely with web developers on large-scale web sites.
• In addition to being highly efficient and organized, this position requires some technology background or past experience testing website applications.
Knowledge / Skills
• Skilled knowledge in testing concepts, tools and methodologies.
• Extensive knowledge of software quality assurance, including the ability to plan test effort, identify test cases, and evaluate coverage.
• Deep understanding of browser variations, with particular focus on Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
• Ability to assess and articulate the risk of a release and plan the appropriate level of testing.
• Strong communications skills, a demonstrated history of approaching responsibilities with commitment, outstanding attention to detail, and a sense of urgency are vital.
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to. flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details in order to process documents. flydubai will also never
refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai
will only come from an email address ending in @flydubai.com and job opportunities with
flydubai are advertised on flydubai’s websites.
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.