e-Commerce Visual Design Officer (IDC)
- 16000701 Requisition #
- Fri 09 Sep 05:00 Post Date
This role reports to the Visual Design Senior Officer, and works hand-in-hand with the Web Application Developers and Interaction Designers in developing and implementing elegant front-end solutions for improved usability and conversions, thus driving flydubai’s online sales growth through breakthrough and incremental improvements to the web and mobile experiences.
The resource will be responsible for managing, planning and delivering a best-in-class web site experience on the flydubai web site through enhancements and use of the latest technology to meet business goals, engage our customers and drive sales via ecommerce and other channels.
1. Produce and deliver various high quality, design-savvy web design collateral in accordance with the requirements of a given project from concept to final deliverable.
2. Present and articulate the rationale for design solutions based on best practices and current industry standards
3. Use established layout principles with innovative options to achieve a desired design
4. Ensure consistency and integrity behind our company’s brand and brand guidelines.
5. Test appearance and functionality of web content in multiple browsers, platforms and screen sizes.
6. Keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging UI patterns
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Visual Arts/Communications, or Graphic Design (or equivalent)
• Minimum 3 years of related experience in a visual designer role and be able to show a portfolio of design solutions across a spectrum of platforms and services
• Experience with design systems, toolkits and front end UI standards
• Strong appreciation and knowledge of typography and visual design principles
• Experience of designing for multiple platforms (Desktop, Mobile & Tablet web/apps)
• Must be able to take ownership of the project from concept design to completion – including but not limited to storyboards, sketches, prototypes and pixel-perfect artworks.
• Love working within a cross-functional agile team of product managers and engineers to create exceptional product experiences
Knowledge / Skills
• Passion for interface design and interaction with a strong attention to detail
• Strong appreciation of user-centered design
• Competency with relevant creative tools
• Understanding of responsive or adaptive design methods
• Excellent understanding of responsive designs.
Certificate / License required
• Graphic design certifications desired.
• Attention to Detail and Quality
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to. flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details in order to process documents. flydubai will also never
refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai
will only come from an email address ending in @flydubai.com and job opportunities with
flydubai are advertised on flydubai’s websites.
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.