IT Java Developer (IDC)
- 16000685 Requisition #
- Fri 09 Sep 05:00 Post Date
This role will support the java project by ensuring 24/7 availability and uptime of the application and will be responsible for managing changes to the application suite.
1. Implement health checks to ensure the java application components are available for use on 24/7 basis.
2. Take on vendor management with the development house for java application
3. Document, manage and move to production new applications/modules/functionality developed in java application
4. Tune application server logic as well as database queries to ensure optimal performance
5. Transform user requirements into Usecases/State Transition diagrams/Flow Charts and procure signoff from stakeholders
6. Build applications (stand alone as well as plugins) that fetch data from existing system/s, manipulate them and perform new business functions
7. Perform unit testing using test tools and documented test cases, ensuring that code developed is of high quality
8. Perform NFR testing using test tools and code stubs, ensuring that code developed satisfies performance criteria
9. Derive standards and frameworks to ensure multiple developers can work on the same code base, by bringing in configuration management tools such as TFS/VSS
10. Help derive a Quality Management System with framework for requirements capture, design, coding, testing, release and quality assurance processes
11. Maintain repository of configuration items including requirement documents, source code, test cases and Release Notes as per industry best practices
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• University Degree or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 yrs experience in webservice technology and application layer development
• A minimum of 5 yrs experience in software development and in database optimization/technologies
• Experience in working in an airline as IT
Knowledge / Skills
• Knowledge in design patterns
• Knowledge in working with Quality Structures such as SEI CMM, ITPM, Tik, 6 Sigma
• Code development using IDEs
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to. flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details in order to process documents. flydubai will also never
refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai
will only come from an email address ending in @flydubai.com and job opportunities with
flydubai are advertised on flydubai’s websites.
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.