IT Service Desk Coordinator (IDC)
- 16000682 Requisition #
- Fri 09 Sep 05:00 Post Date
IT Service Desk Coordinator will be a member of the team providing customer sensitive and responsive support, fault resolution and advice service, which ensures the maximum availability, performance and utilization of information systems. Will be responsible for ensuring a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving and ensuring agreed procedures and standards are met.
1. To deliver a first line support service via the Service Desk, receiving incidents and service requests from various routes including telephone, intranet and email.
2. Offering advice to end users and customers on all areas of IT, on how to troubleshoot and ensuring standards are met. This will include working as part of a team, in order to share knowledge and work together to increase performance standards.
3. Work closely with the IT Support, Infrastructure and Production servicesteams on user issues, to provide workarounds and solutions.
4. To ensure effective communication within IT teams, users, third parties and vendors.
5. To actively conduct quality assurance and customer satisfaction surveys.
6. To support the development and improvement of IT Service Desk (First Line Support)
7. Assist users with their IT queries.
8. Help to implement and improve processes and procedures within the team.
9. Actively troubleshoot to identify, assess, record, resolve and / or escalate incidents and service requests. Ensure they are handled within an agreed time limit, within agreed processes and in a professional and customer sensitive manner and meet SLA’s.
10. To participate in an on call roster, providing 24 hours first line support service to users.
11. Provide support and advice on Applications and other IT related issues including hardware and software. Ensure the best use of corporate information technology systems within the workplace, influencing changes to working practices where a need is identified. Help realize the benefits of investment in these systems.
12. Work with the IT Service Manager, to help understand and identify the learning needs of the individuals and groups of staff for the information to be escalated to the IT Training team to establish their current skill level.
13. To analyze information / data and respond appropriately to trends deciphered from that information
14. To work closely with the Project team / Administration team via the IT Service Manager, to ensure that as phases of Projects go live, there is relevant support documentation in place to ensure the transition from a project phase to Production is effective to the organization’s needs.
15. To support the IT Service Manager with strategy developments and service improvement.
16. To ensure that the IT Service Desk is supportive of and complimentary to organizational requirements.
17. To ensure all Service Desk incidents are prioritized to agreed standards. Monitoring of completion and reporting timescales and outcomes to business.
18. Liaise with IT Support team and other IT teams in Dubai
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• A university degree in business or technology. BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar fields is highly desired.
• Atleast 2 years’ experience – 12 months working within a IT Service Desk environment, showing experience of systems, support, diagnostic and resolution.
Knowledge / Skills
• Understanding of ITIL working practices
• Broad knowledge of IT products, services and terminology
Certificate / License required
• ITIL is Preferred
• CCNA is Preferred
• Experience of Customer Relation Management
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to. flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details in order to process documents. flydubai will also never
refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai
will only come from an email address ending in @flydubai.com and job opportunities with
flydubai are advertised on flydubai’s websites.
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at email@example.com and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.