‘Personal Information’ is information which identifies you or can be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details. This may also include information about how you use our website.
1. Who we are
We, Dubai Aviation Corporation (trading as “flydubai”), a Dubai Decree corporation established by Law No. (11) of 2008, having its principal place of business at flydubai campus, PO Box 353, Dubai, UAE, collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you.
When we collect and use your personal information, we are regulated under applicable data protection legislation and we are responsible as ‘controller’ for that personal information for the purposes of that legislation.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties and you can access the privacy policies of our partners or any other third-party providers from them directly.
Additional terms and conditions or privacy policies may apply if you elect to take additional services from us or other third parties.
2. The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
We collect personal information from you whenever you use our services, including when you use our website. We may collect the following personal information about you:
When you use our website, Your full name, title and contact details including your email address, telephone number(s) and address.
Our communications with you, be it by email, SMS and call including any feedback you provide to us by participating in any surveys we might issue. Where you call us, we may also record the call for training or quality purposes.
3. Why we need your personal information
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis under applicable data protection legislation to do so. We set out more information on our legal basis for processing your personal information below.
In most cases, we require your personal information to provide our services to you.
We also need your personal information for our legitimate interest, for example in order to make improvements to our services, to monitor the way in which we provide you with customer support. We might also need your personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
On occasion, we may need to use your personal information to protect your vital interests, for example in a medical emergency.
We may also use your personal information for any other specific purpose as you may authorise or expressly consent to additionally from time to time.
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our website, enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you.
A cookie contains your contact information and other personal information to allow us to identify your computer when you navigate our website.
4. Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with our recruitment support partners which may be required based on the regulatory requirement.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party without your consent.
5. Where we store your personal information?
Given the international nature of our business, it may be necessary to transfer your personal information to countries outside of the UAE and your country of residence.
Data protection legislation varies among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your personal information is processed, we will endeavour to ensure that any transfer of your personal information will be subject to suitable contractual provisions designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
6. How long will we keep your personal information
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary or otherwise the period that we are required to retain it under applicable laws.
7. Your rights
Where applicable data protection legislation provides, you may have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, including rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address; Where you ask for access to your personal information, we will endeavour to provide you with this within a reasonable time. In some circumstances, we may charge you a small fee for this service, to cover our administrative costs, for example where your request is excessive or unfounded.
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations; Please note that we are not required to comply with such a request if our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations or for the purposes of a legal claim.
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the European Union (or European Economic Area), in the state where you work, normally live or where any alleged breach of data protection legislation occurred. If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please: email firstname.lastname@example.org let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. your name) let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
8. How we keep your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. When you book a training with us, your personal information is transmitted across the internet using high-grade encryption. We also limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your personal information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Changes to this privacy notice
10. How to contact us
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.