- Back To Jobs
IT Senior Network Engineer (Security & Cloud) - 22000339United Arab EmiratesClosing Date: Aug 15th 2022
The ‘IT Senior Network Engineer (Security & Cloud)’ troubleshoots problems on the network, monitors underlying communication protocols and supports network and security hardware and software. He/she maintains network connectivity and availability. The ideal candidate has to be well versed with cloud infrastructure (public and private clouds) and be responsible for building, executing, managing, and maintaining network infrastructure and related security functions.
1. Install network hardware, peripherals, services, settings, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
2. Planning and implementing various Lan/Wan/Wireless network solutions related to the project and related systems
3. Installing networks/systems and performing analysis, reporting on network/system applications related to the suite of applications
4. Configuring LDAP/LDAPS and other authentication technologies to support network infrastructure
5. Install, configure and maintain Cisco, Palo Alto and Fortigate Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and other security appliances related to the network infrastructure
6. Install, configure and maintain load balancers related to the network infrastructure
7. Data center physical networking and communication management
8. Network and Security SME for projects with network and security components
9. Partner with Technical Architects to develop and maintain enterprise documentation and architecture network and security diagrams
10. Monitor networks and make any necessary repairs utilizing available network tools before they cause network outages.
11. Monitor and maintain VPN gateways and any other related equipment and services.
12. Respond to and mitigate network security events such as Distributed Denial of Service attacks
13. Setup/manage network, security, and virtualized infrastructure
14. Review, analyse, and execute network change requests
15. Lead network improvement and maintenance projects
16. Developing selection criteria for choosing the various SaaS, and IaaS solutions available in the market
17. IaaS cloud services management and governance
18. Adhere to flydubai change management process and procedures for efficient use and handling of all resource changes (Hardware, software, service and data) to minimize the impact of Change-related faults.
19. Implement LAN/WAN maintenance and management procedures and ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• Relevant Cisco Certifications (Cisco CCNP Collaboration)
• Experienced in technologies such as HP, Juniper, Cisco, Fortigate, PaloAlto, Barracuda, F5, Incapsula,
• ITIL Foundation
• 10 + years’ proven experience in network and security field.
• Expertise in Active Directory, Firewalls, VPN, Proxy.
• Strong L3 troubleshooting.
• Experience in security and compliance standards like ISO 27001, ISF, COBIT.
• Hands on experience with routing (BGP, EIGRP, RIP, IGRP) and switching on Cisco and HP devices
• Hands on experience with Cisco ASA and Fortigate Firewalls
• Working knowledge of local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), internet, email systems, telecommunications and data communications; standard operating systems, storage for local and distributed environments
• Expertise in using various monitoring, management, and capacity planning tools such as Solarwinds, Splunk, Nagois, Zabbix etc.
• Ability to capture and interpret wireshark logs for in depth packet level analysis
• Knowledge and understanding of basic information security principles
• Knowledge of security best practice guidelines (ISO 17799, NIST, etc.)
• Relevant professional experience including working knowledge of the following technologies:
a. TCP/IP networking including IP classes, subnets, multicast, NAT
b. WINS, DNS, and DHCP, Network troubleshooting
c. Microsoft OS and Server technologies
d. Remote access methods
e. Backup and disaster recovery methodologies
f. Patch management technologies and processes
g. Wireless protocols and services
h. Network analysis tools
i. Familiarity with UNIX a plus
• Hands on experience with firewalls, routers, bridges, switches and gateway devices, appliances and software.
• Highly skilled in network oriented problem solving, critical thinking and troubleshooting
• Highly knowledgeable in network fundamentals and IP communication technologies
• Able to handle private and confidential information with physical and ethical care
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet project milestones and support SLA’s
• Able to multi-task, prioritize, and resolve multiple inquiries at once or in order of priority
• Able to troubleshoot complex hardware, software and network issues
• Ability to identify and rapidly learn new and complex technologies
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Inspiring & Developing others
• Decision Making