- Back To Jobs
Principal Architect – Infrastructure - 22000341United Arab EmiratesClosing Date: Aug 15th 2022
The ‘IT Infrastructure Architect (Network & Security) - PSS’ is responsible for the design and implementation of network and security solution for the Infrastructure including the Passenger Service System. He/she ensures that the FZ hosted Infrastructure can adequately and securely communicate with its own modules, FZ hosted hosted systems, 3rd part hosted systems and FZ Customers. He/she also ensures that it can cope with the rapid growth of flydubai in both size and complexity over the next 10 years. He/she ensures that the infrastructure, applications and solutions levereage the latest Network and security technologies to provide a cost effective, safe and scalable solution for flydubai
1. Design the network and security solution for FZ hosted PSS, Application, Corporate and Backend Services Platform taking into account the following parameters:
a. current transaction volume
b. projected growth in transactions
c. current data/transaction complexity
d. future data/transaction complexity
e. data security regulatory requirements
f. business requirements related to storage
g. b-to-b communication and interfacing requirements
h. b-to-c communication and interfacing requirements
2. Build of network and security solution for FZ hosted Infrastructure
3. Testing of network and security solution for FZ hosted Infrastructure
4. Oversee the Implementation of network and security solutions
5. Ongoing maintenance of network and security solutions
6. Ongoing enhancement of network and security solutions
7. Research and recommend innovative solutions for FZ Network and Security requirements taking into account locally hosted, cloud and hybrid solution options
8. Ensure that all critical data is stored and backed up to ensure that in the event of a system failure, FZ data and system security is not compromised
9. Define and document the network and security related SLAs
10. Define and Implement the network and security related SLAs
11. Monitor/Measure the storage network and security related SLAs
12. Define the network and security related SLAs
13. Design, Deploy, Manage and Maintain the DR Infrastructure for various applications
14. Develop and document the relevant network and security SOPs
15. Ensure that network and security solutions are design in keeping with overall IT network and security strategy and that existing network and security designs, processes, procedures, etc can be leveraged by the proposed solutions.
16. Ensure that fludubai has the correct staff headcount, skillsets, training and policies and procedures to maintain Infrastructure.
17. Act as a technical and functional SME for the various Infrastructure Projects
18. Install network hardware, peripherals, services, settings, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements for various Infrastructure Projects
19. Planning and implementing various Lan/Wan/Wireless network solutions related to various Infrastructure Projects and related systems
20. Installing networks/systems and performing analysis, reporting on network/system applications related to the Airline Specific suite of applications
21. Configuring LDAP/LDAPS and other authentication technologies to support network infrastructure
22. Install, configure and maintain Cisco and Fortigate Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and other security appliances related to the network infrastructure
23. Install, configure and maintain application delivery load balancers related to the network infrastructure
24. Data center physical networking, Cabling Design, Physical Security and Communication Management
25. Network and Security SME for Infrastructure projects with network and security components
26. Partner with Technical Architects to develop and maintain enterprise documentation and architecture network and security diagrams
27. Lead performance management activities to recommend improvement plans geared to maximize the use of the available capacity, plan incremental systems, and technology capacity for future growth.
28. Adhere to flydubai change management process and procedures for efficient use and handling of all resource changes (Hardware, software, service and data) to minimize the impact of Change-related faults.
29. Implement LAN/WAN maintenance and management procedures and ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
30. Provides guidance and mentoring to the Network and Security team
31. Design and Deploy Cloud Infrastructure Solutions based on the specific application requirements, including but not limited to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Rack Space.
32. Design and Deploy Software Defined Networking Infrastructures including Cisco Application Centric Network Infrasructure with Spine and Leaf Architectures
33. Design and Deploy Software Defined Data Center Infrastructure which include Cisco, VMWare, HyperV Networking Infrastructures with software defined Switches, Routers, Firewalls and Load Balancers.
34. Design and Deploy Smart Branch Office Infrastructures that are cloud centric and hybrid Infrastructures including Wired/Wireless Data, Voice and Collaboration Infrastructure.
35. Lead, Design and Enforce Network Function Virtualization (NFV) by introducing Virtual Functions of Physical Devices where possible within the Data Center or Branch Offices including but not limited to routers, firewalls, load balancers and similar devices.
36. Understand Microsoft Infrastructure Technologies such as Active Directory, Exchange, LDAP etc.
37. Design and Deploy Intelligent Voice, SIP, Call Center and other Unified Communications Solutions
38. Design, Enhance, Manage Network Admission Control Systems such as Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) or HP/Aruba Clear Pass
39. Lead the team of Infrastructure engineers to design, deploy and manage the infrastructure solutions that are required as a part of various projects and applications being deployed as part of overall growth and strategy of flydubai.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• BS or BA degree, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education, training or work experience
• A Cisco CCIE in RS, Data Center or Security are required
• 10 + years’ proven experience in network and security field. With at least 5 years in the architecture and designing field.
• Hands on experience with routing (BGP,EIGRP, RIP, IGRP) and switching on Cisco and HP devices
• Hands on experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto and Fortigate Firewalls
• Expert Level knowledge of local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), internet, email systems, telecommunications and data communications; standard operating systems, storage for local and distributed environments
• Strong understanding of and experience airline PSS systems and their related networks and data centres
• Understanding of IBM/HP/Huawei SAN storage systems.
• Expertise in using various monitoring, management, and capacity planning tools.
• Ability to capture and interpret wireshark logs for indepth packet level analysis
• Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration
Knowledge / Skills
• Expert Level Routing/Switching and Service Provisioning
• Expert Level Understanding of BGP, OSPF Routing Protocols
• Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
• Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000 and 5000 Series Switching Platforms
• Firewalls: Cisco ASA, Fortigate, Palo Alto Firewalls
• Load Balancers: Citrix NetScalar, F5 Big IP, AWS ESLB
• Cloud Infrastructure: AWS, Microsoft Azure
Certificate / License required
• CCIE (Preferably in Data Center, Routing/Switching or Security)
• Cisco Professional Certifications
• Cisco Design Level Certifications
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Decision Making