- Back To Jobs
Head of IT Infrastructure and Digital Platforms - 22000526United Arab EmiratesClosing Date: Aug 16th 2022
- Formulates and implements cost effective, robust, and reliable strategies for ensuring that IT infrastructure is designed for high availability, has sufficient resilience, reliability, and disaster recovery.
- Leads the management and control of Data Centres and procedures to ensure the secure and stable operation of all systems, including third party hosted and SaaS models.
- Manages the proactive monitoring and maintenance of IT infrastructure and Operations, through the planning, implementing, and overseeing of effective IT Operations Management, Capacity Management and Availability Management
- Plans and manages a structured programme of work to deliver against the strategic and operational requirements estimated based on the annualized infrastructure capacity and performance targets. Manages and directs the implementation ensuring efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Establishes, develops and maintains Service Level Objectives (SLO’s) with flydubai business units and ensure that they are continually achieved and reviewed. Ensures that Service Requests are delivered in timely manner through effective supply chain management.
- Ensures that an appropriate process is developed so that all problems logged in the problem management system are prioritised and investigated, ensuring that permanent solutions are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Leads and drives industry best standards for DevSecOps, MLOps and Automation, ensuring continuous integration, delivery, infrastructure management and deployment automation in the development and implementation of emerging technology products and services.
- Leads flydubai’ s hybrid cloud strategy, migration of existing on-premises services to on-cloud service and to improve quality and productivity, in a cost-conscious manner. Leads the cloud provisioning requirements and technical design with a focus on improving time to market and delivery quality.
- Develops digital platforms and provides required infrastructure support in delivering flydubai transformation initiatives on big data, enterprise AI, IoTs, block chain, metaverse and future platforms.
- Develops and drives organization wide digital workplace strategy that ensures digital workplace services are fully adopted, reliable and easy to use by all employees.
- Manages strategic relationship with the vendors. Conducts regular service reviews, auditing vendor performance, productivity, service levels and business continuity. Ensures optimized usage of licenses and contract ownership and execution.
- Ensures the team is self-sufficient and appropriately skilled through certifications and trainings on cloud and emerging technologies to support production loads.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Engineering
- 12+ years’ experience in IT Infrastructure, Operations and Service Level Management at a senior level in a large multinational corporate company, ideally in the travel/transportation industry.
- Preferred No. of Years (with Relevant Degree) - 10
- Preferred No. of Years (without Relevant Degree)- 12
- Industry knowledge of Smart Data Centres, Cloud, Digital workplace and emerging Digital platforms.
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Inspiring & Developing Others
- Decision Making
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
To lead the strategic development of IT infrastructure and technology platforms, including cloud and data centres to support applications for flydubai. continuously increasing the level of automation and building digital platforms. Manage and direct the deployment, operations and support of IT infrastructure and services in the production environment in order that agreed SLAs are fully met and business continuity.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
Minimum Education Level Required
Education / Experience Specific Requirements
Systems, Licensing, Language or Certification Requirements
Reads and complies with the ISR policies of the Company and diligently reports any weakness or incidents to the respective Line Manager or the Information Security team. Completes all required ISR awareness sessions and follows associated guidelines in the day to day business operations.