- Back To Jobs
Head of IT Enterprise Architecture - 22000839United Arab EmiratesClosing Date: Apr 6th 2023
- Designs and maintains the Enterprise Business Information and IT architecture, facilitating the implementation of emerging architecture frameworks with optimal use of IT resources (systems and services), and standardization of IT services. This includes facilitating the reuse of existing business data, services, and systems.
- Derives inputs from IT lines of business (LoBs) to understand the business direction and needs and aligns architecture and standards with these to drive business success.
- Approves and signs off the introduction of any new technologies, new systems acquired, new products and applications developed by flydubai.
- Oversees the research on emerging technologies, in conjunction with relevant technology experts, that are applicable to flydubai, and drives the introduction of technology within the organization through appropriate investment justification and recommendations to senior management.
- Maintains and manages technology standards for IT and Facilitates the implementation of technology standards for software development and infrastructure, working with internal stakeholders.
- Formulates and maintains the blueprints of application architecture in line with the microservices framework defined and infrastructure architecture, for use by other departments in IT.
- Proactively participates in the design of new applications to ensure that it follows the IT architecture framework.
- Contributes to IT strategy by providing inputs on matters relating to Enterprise architecture and standards. Influences the department to set standards and best practices for technologies and optimise business processes and reduce data duplication.
- Implements portfolio management of applications and technologies to effectively manage the lifecycle of the same.
- Sets clear and consistent performance objectives, implementing performance management and development plans to ensure standards of performance and productivity are achieved and maintained enabling a high-performance culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or Equivalent)
- Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA is preferred
- Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Preferred No. of Years (with Relevant Degree) - 12
- TOGAF or any related certifications is preferred
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Inspiring & Developing Others
- Decision Making
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
To ensure that all software development, product acquisition, infrastructure design and deployment complies with the architectural framework of flydubai and that the costs are optimized through standardization where applicable and the purchase of scalable systems and software.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
Experience Specific Requirements
Systems, Licensing, Language or Certification Requirements
Reads and complies with the ISR policies of the Company and diligently reports any weakness or incidents to the respective Line Manager or the Information Security team. Completes all required ISR awareness sessions and follows associated guidelines in the day to day business operations.